More from Simply Clean for Me

Friday, July 20, 2012

Greek Pasta Salad


I love pasta salads in the summer. It’s too hot to do much, other than sit by the pool with a margarita. So when lunch or dinner rolls around sometimes its nice to have a cool, light option. This pasta salad is it. And it is SO FREAKING EASY!!! It includes a recipe-ish for dressing, but feel free to put on what ever your fav dressing is. Sometimes simplicity is all that matters!

Ingredients
16oz of pasta… cook’s choice! Prepare to package directions. I find a little al dente is nice J
½ green bell pepper, diced
½ red bell pepper, diced
½ red onion, diced
½ cucumber, diced
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 small package of feta cheese, if you must J

Here’s the hard part:
Dump it all in a bowl and stir. Boom. Dinner or lunch is served. Now I realize that some of you olive lovers out there are thinking, “what the heck? (or hell, depending on your verbiage preferences) This salad TOTALLY needs olives.” To you I say, “Olive away!” If I thought olives were remotely tasty I would be loading them up in this bad boy. Sadly, olives have the ability to make my stomach turn at the mere mention of their consumption, so I will stop there. I don’t know why, I’ll blame it on an unknown childhood experience. 
 
If you're game for a lovely Greek dressing, here you go… its also super difficult (sarcasm).

½ c. olive oil
½ c. apple cider vinegar
tsp oregano
tsp basil
tsp dried mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Dump it all in a glass jar and shake it like you mean it. Boom. Boom.


The boy told me he wanted to eat this salad forever and the Man ate 2 huge servings followed by a text complementing the meal. When the men folk happily eat salads it is immediate meal success.
Happy Summer Salading!

1 comment:

  1. Just dropping by to say this was delicious. Made it today for lunch. I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, actually I have... into the worlds know as single parenting and school planning. You wouldn't think they could co-exist and you'd be right. I'm about a zombie these days. Anywho, thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete