More from Simply Clean for Me

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Curried Celery Soup


I’m the kind of person who enjoys soups for dinner. I don’t like having anything too heavy at night so soups and salads are my friends. The Man however likes his big meaty meals, (I mean, he IS a MAN) so with soups I like to throw in some good hearty bread so that he feels like he’s getting some real quality substance J I love him and I love using him as a culinary guinea pig! (He’s so good at it too.)

Here you go:

2 tsp-ish coconut oil
1 chopped onion
1 sliced leek
1½ pounds chopped celery
1 tbsp med or hot curry powder (we like it hot around here!)
8 oz. diced potatoes (the type is up to you, I’m using red ones this week because that is what I found at the farmers market today)
3¾ c. veggie stock (almost a box)
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
Fresh cilantro
Salt to taste

  • Heat the oil in a large saucepan, toss in the onion, leek and celery. Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  • Add curry powder and cook a couple more minutes after stirring
  • Add potatoes, stock, cumin and cilantro. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender
  • Set the soup aside and let it cool slightly then puree in a blender or food processor until smooth
  • Add the fresh cilantro (about a small hand full) and salt until it tastes perfectly salty and process it super quick.
  • Return it to the sauce pan and reheat until hot

This recipe is a variation from a cookbook called Vegetarian by Nicola Graimes. It has some good eats in there and I like to edit it a bit to my taste and dietary preference. I hope you enjoy the goods!

No comments:

Post a Comment