More from Simply Clean for Me

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Flax Crackers


Yeah, they're good. The littles love them and they're so easy to make it can be a 'last minute' thrown together snack.

 I got the idea here. This site has great gluten-free and vegan recipes- check it out, it is delightful! She has some great gluten free waffles and dairy-free whipped topping that I'm excited to try out on Big Breakfast Saturday- Woop! Woop!

Here is what I did:
1 ½ c. ground flax seeds (I ground  mine in the coffee grinder- works like a charm!)
1/2 c. sesame seeds
1 c water
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp nutritional yeast (makes it taste ‘cheesey’)

I mixed all the dry ingredients together in a bowl then added the water once it was all in a clump I put on some parchment paper on a cookie sheet. I rolled it out fairly thin. I kept saying to myself, “Cracker, it’s supposed to be a cracker.” So then I would go thinner. J I scored it with a fork to make little perforations so that they would snap off easily, then I popped it in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Voila! Flax crackers. Boom, so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment